4/30 - 5/04
Announcements:
- Lunch Time – 12-12:25
- Related Arts –PE
- NOMS Related Arts paper- due to classroom teacher by May 18th
- MAP Reading test: Thursday, May 3rd
- Monday, June 4th- Fifth Grade Recognition
- Thursday, May 10- Fifth Grade Showcase- 9:30-10:30am in cafeteria
- Thursday, May 10- Fifth Grade Picnic- see below for more info
Help us celebrate Harmony’s 5th graders on May 10th! We will have a picnic lunch, play games, sign T-shirts, and have the annual Tug-of-War competition. We need all the help we can get setting up and organizing the events. If you would like to assist the day of the picnic, please sign up here http://signup.com/go/XxHFtMX
On the day of the picnic, each child will need to bring a towel and a sack lunch. Please sign in at the front office and then meet us behind Harmony (locations where buses park) around 10 AM. Kiddos will arrive around 11 AM. Activities will continue until 2 PM.
ELA Workshop:
I can show how a character changed in Bull Run.
- Students will select a character from the book Bull Run. They will analyze the character to show how their perspective changes and write a speech from the character’s point of view. Each student will deliver their speech to the class.
I can complete a DRA assessment and MAP test.
- Students will be completing a MAP Reading assessment this week as well as a DRA assessment. Both tests will show student’s growth throughout the year.
I can draft my historical essay.
- Students will be completing their historical essay about a significant person or event during the Civil War.
Math Workshop:
I can describe patterns within coordinate grids. I can generate a number pattern.
- Students will be studying how number patterns can be plotted on a coordinate grid. We will have our mid-module assessment on Monday, May 7th, we will be reviewing on Friday.
Science:
I can describe the effects of gravity.
- The students will be studying the force of gravity on all objects. Then they will be creating a parachute to soften the effects of gravity on an egg.
Social Studies:
I can analyze the Gettysburg Address. I can name the founders of KY.
- The students will continue their learning on the Civil War. We will dig deeper into the Gettysburg Address and understand its importance during the Civil War. Next, we will focusing on our state’s history.
No comments:
Post a Comment