Monday, April 16, 2018

 Fifth Grade Weekly News  
4/16 - 4/20 
Announcements: 
  • Lunch Time – 12:00-12:25 
  • Related Arts – Music 
  • Wednesday, April 18 – Bring $1:00 and turn Ms. Hackmiller into an ice cream sundae to help raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society 
  • Thursday, April 19 – Fifth Grade Day at NOMS – Bring lunch 
  • Friday, April 20 Math Test – end of Module 5  
  • Conference Dates: Wednesday, April 25 and Friday, April 27 – Look for paper in Wednesday folder 
  • Thursday, May 10 – Fifth Grade Showcase – 9:30am – 10:30am in cafeteria 
  • Friday, June 1 – Fifth Grade Picnic   
  • Thursday, April 19 - North Campus March Mania @NOHS, doors open at 5:30, game at 6:00 (come cheer on your fifth grade team!) 
  • June 4- Fifth grade recognition 
 
ELA Workshop: 
I can build schema on the Civil War? 
  • The students will begin to explore events that happened during the Civil War. They will then choose a figure or event to do further research so they can draft and essay. 
 
Math Workshop: 
I can classify 2-D figures? I can demonstrate what I have learned.  
  • The students will classify 2-D figures based on their properties. 
  • On Friday, the students will take an End of Module 5 Test 
 
Science: 
I can name and discuss ocean ecosystems? 
  • The students will learn the ocean supports a variety of ecosystems and organisms, shapes landforms, and influences climate. 
 
Social Studies:   
I can identify the diverse people of the West.  
  • The students will explore various groups that settled in the West. These will include the 49ers, Oregon Pioneers, Mexicanos, Mormons, Nez Perce, and Chinese Immigrants.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment