Monday, May 7, 2018

Fifth Grade Weekly News  
5/7 - 5/11
Announcements:
  • Lunch Time – 12-12:25
  • Related Arts –technology
  • NOMS Related Arts paper- due to classroom teacher by May 18th
  • MAP math test: Tuesday, May 8
  • Monday, June 4th- Fifth Grade Recognition
  • Thursday, May 10- Fifth Grade Showcase- 9:30-10:30 am in cafeteria
  • Thursday, May 10- Fifth Grade Picnic- see below for more info

Help us celebrate Harmony’s 5th graders on May 10th!  We will have a picnic lunch, play games, sign T-shirts, and have the annual Tug-of-War competition. We need all the help we can get setting up and organizing the events. If you would like to assist the day of the picnic, please sign up here http://signup.com/go/XxHFtMX
On the day of the picnic, each child will need to bring a towel and a sack lunch. Please sign in at the front office and then meet us behind Harmony (locations where buses park) around 10 AM.  Kiddos will arrive around 11 AM.  Activities will continue until 2 PM.

Here’s what we are learning:
ELA Workshop:
I can edit my civil war essay.
While we are continuing with DRA assessments, students will be revising their civil war essays.
Math Workshop:
I can recall the math concepts that I have learned this year.
Students will review fractions, decimals, order of operations and number sense.
Science:
I can describe the effects of gravity.
The students will continue to study the force of gravity on all objects. Then they will be creating a parachute to soften the effects of gravity on an egg.
Social Studies:   
I can apply my knowledge of Kentucky economy and geography.

Students will create salt dough maps of the regions of Kentucky and posters of each region.

No comments:

Post a Comment