Tuesday, October 17, 2017


 Fifth Grade Weekly News

10/16 - 10/18

 

Announcements:

·         Continue to send in permission slips / $12 for our November 9 field trip to Farnsley-Moreman

·         Thursday, October 19 – Staff work day – Fall break begins for students

·         Lunch Time – 11:57 – 12:22

·         Related Arts – Music

 

ELA Workshop:

How do I publish my narrative?

·         The students will finish typing / editing their personal narratives. They will share the story with a small group or whole class.

How do I find the theme of a poem?

·         The students will determine the theme of a poem from details in the text, including how the speaker reflects upon a topic.

 

Math Workshop:

How do I divide by the patterns of ten? How do I estimate quotients with two-digit divisors?

·         This week they will be using their knowledge of place value to estimate quotients. 

 

Leader in Me:

How do I add data / information to my leadership binder?

·         The students will continue to reflect upon themselves as learners. They will revisit their WIG's (Wildly Important Goals) that they established last week.

 

Social Studies: 

How do I draw a mural to display my Native American cultural region? How do I create a model of a Native American dwelling?

·         Working in groups, students will draw a mural of their cultural region. The mural will include the environment, natural resources, homes, clothing, and food. On Wednesday, students will create a model of a Native American dwelling that would have been in their region. Monday / Tuesday homework:  bring in items from home and nature for Native American shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment